Achieving SQF Certification can seem like a daunting task. However, SQFI has provided resources to help at every step of the way. With step-by-step certification instructions, training, customer service team, and more, SQFI has made food safety and quality certification easier to acquire.
There are different available options for learning about the SQF Code:
- Attend a SQF Information Day – SQF Information Days are day-long, in-person informational seminars designed to introduce food suppliers at all levels of the food chain to the benefits of food safety and quality certification.
- Online Courses – Our Implementing SQF Systems course is available through our online training center, Alchemy Academy
- Instructor led Courses – Our Licensed Training Centers offer Implementing SQF Systems courses in many different locations throughout the US and Globally
- Train Yourself – Our codes are available for free to download and study here
To register for an SQF audit in the SQF Assessment Database, click here
|Classification||Description of Classification||Fee USD|
|Fundamentals||Suppliers auditing under the SQF Fundamentals Code||$200|
|A||Primary Producers (farms, ranches, orchards, etc. or FSC 1, 3, 5, 6)||$200|
|B||Suppliers with a gross revenue < $5 million USD||$350|
|C||Suppliers with a gross revenue > 5 million USD < 25 million USD||$500|
|D||Suppliers with a gross revenue > 25 million USD < 50 million USD||$650|
|E||Suppliers with a gross revenue > 50 million USD||$750|
|SQF Quality Audit (non SQF food safety site) Edition 9||$250|
Effective as of April 1, 2021
The SQF Practitioner must satisfy the below requirements as outlined in section 188.8.131.52 of the SQF Code:
- Be employed by the site as a company employee on a full-time basis
- Have completed a HACCP-based training course
- Be competent to implement and maintain Good Agricultural/Aquacultural/Manufacturin Practices
- Have an understanding of the SQF Code and the requirements to implement and maintain SQF System relevant to the site’s scope of certification.*
*To learn more about the SQF Code and requirements, please refer to Step 1
Looking for an SQF Practitioner? Why not Hire a Scholar?
Please choose either:
Fundamentals (Formerly Level 1)
Food Safety (Formerly Level 2)
Food Safety and Quality (Formerly Level 3)
To find a Certification Body in your area, click here
Either an SQF auditor or your SQF practitioner can identify the “gaps” between your program and the desired type of SQF certification.
Select the proposal from the Certification Body that best suits your facility and its needs, then schedule an audit with this Certification Body.
Initial Certification Audits consists of both a Document Review (Desk Audit) and a Facility Assessment (Facility Audit).