March 4, 2021
Killer Brownie, an SQF certified site in Ohio, recently shared a video describing their food safety program. Their Food Safety Manager, Polly Tartaro, and President, Chimene Mayne Ross, explain why they pursue SQF certification in the video saying, “The real purpose of food safety is actually much bigger than just sales and partnerships… the real reason to do it is becuase it matters.”
With the implementation of Edition 9, many are asking about food safety culture. Killer Brownie highlights a few examples of what food safety culture looks like at their site:
- Everyone gets food safety training on their very first day.
- There’s not a single person in the office that has not been in there cleaning, at some point in time, including our president.
- We are audit ready, all the time…If you were to pay a surprise visit today, I have no doubt in my mind that we would pass with an excellent score.
- We’re not working for the audit. We’re working to make the foods that we say is this something you would feed to your family.
- No one ever has to think twice about eating a killer brownie. They know that it’s safe.
To learn more about the Killer Brownie food safety program, watch their video. We are proud of our SQF certified sites and appreciate it when they share their successes! Tag us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook and we will re-share your stories.