February 20, 2019
The primary purpose of this position is to continue to develop and manage the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) Ethical Sourcing (ES) program.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in developing a strategy for implementation of the ES program
- Oversee the development and execution of the ES program including:
- Technical program development
- Governance policies and procedures
- Benchmarking requirements
- Coordinate ES technical and compliance activities with SQFI technical team
- Oversee certification body (CB) activities
- In conjunction with the SQFI and FMI marketing teams, develop and direct an overall marketing strategy for Ethical Sourcing and oversee:
- Website updates
- Promotional materials
- Meeting and conference participation
- Coordinate financial management with SVP and Sr. Director of Operations
- Monitor budgetary and financial benchmarks
- Oversee a stakeholder advisory council that will help to develop technical advances for the ES program
- Direct efforts to gain buyer acceptance of the program
- Be the primary lead for sales of the ES program to suppliers
- Direct and manage the resources and budgets of the ES program, including consultants and staff.
Other Job Functions
- Duties will include working with internal and external constituents, including those who work outside the U.S.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.
- Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, and copier).
- Ability to travel to conventions and conferences.
- Flexible about working weekends and nights as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
- Normal office environment requiring use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax and copier machines).
- Willingness to travel and be on the road.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Education Skills Experience Required
- College degree in business
- Minimum of two to four years prior work experience in business management
- Relevant sales and negotiating experience is required
- Strong customer service and work ethic skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong time management and project planning skills
- Ability to plan marketing and sales campaigns
- Budget development knowledge
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy with understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Office products. Advanced competency with Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Knowledge and understanding of routine office procedures, including use of fax, copier, telephone, and computer
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Professional demeanor, approach, and appearance
FMI is an equal opportunity employer.