July 1, 2020
The public comment period for the SQF Codes Edition 9 has begun. Your feedback is important to us and to the continuous improvement of the SQF Program.
We have been updating the SQF Food Safety and Quality Codes with the help of our Technical Advisory Council, certification bodies, training centers, and commodity-specific Technical Working Groups. We’re excited to announce that Edition 9 will offer a series of customized standards for our principal industry groups in the form of individual SQF Codes for the specific sectors, encompassing the entire supply chain.
We welcome your comments for the technical requirements for the following SQF Codes.
- SQF Food Safety Code for Food Manufacturing
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Dietary Supplements (NEW)
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Animal Products
- SQF Food Safety Code for Pet Food Manufacturing
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging
- SQF Food Safety Code for Primary Plant Production
- SQF Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution
- The SQF Quality Code
Public Comment Format
Each of the draft Codes listed above are available here in their respective Excel spreadsheet, containing a series of tabs:
Tab 1: Introduction
Instructions for submitting comments as well as a place to capture your contact information so we can keep you updated on the results of your submitted comments.
Tab 2: Edition 8.1 v Edition 9 Comparison
A summary of the key changes for each main clause.
Tab 3: System Elements
The technical requirements contained in the system elements.
Tab 4-7 (as applicable): PRP Modules
The good industry practices for each industry Code.
Comments will only be accepted via the submission form linked within each draft before Friday 31st July, 2020. We cannot accept comments in any other format.
Coming Soon for Public Comment
- Part A Methodology
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Feed
- SQF Food Safety Code for Livestock Production
- SQF Food Safety Code for Aquaculture
Once we receive all public comments, we will review and adjust the SQF Edition 9 drafts accordingly. The SQF Food Safety and Quality Codes will be published and launched during the SQFI Conference on October 27 – 29, 2020, with an expected implementation period of May, 2021.
We look forward to your input and thank you for your on-going support of the SQF program.Submit Your Feedback