Protect Your Brands, Buyers & Consumers
Thank you for attending the 2017 SQF International Conference, which drew a record 862 attendees! We hope you had an enjoyable and valuable experience and look forward to seeing you in Atlanta, Georgia, October 23-25, 2018 for the 2018 SQF International Conference. Check back on this website in February 2018 for more details.
The SQF International Conference, now in its 12th year, brings together over 800 food safety and quality professionals in the growing, processing, manufacturing and retail industries who are committed to protecting their brands, buyers and consumers.See who's already registered!
They return year after year to explore hot button issues, ensure compliance with government regulations and the SQF Code and engage in collaborative discussions with their peers.
Developed by SQF Stakeholders like you, the program promises a valuable and engaging experience that will sharpen your skills, advance your career and give you the resources you need to implement, maintain and strengthen your food safety and quality assurance programs.
SQFI is pleased to once again welcome FMI’s retail and wholesale food safety community to the SQF International Conference to explore and discuss food safety issues in the retail space. Learn more about FMI's Food Safety Program and The Safe Quality Food Institute.
Why You Should Attend
- To ensure you are properly prepared to implement Edition 8 of the SQF Code
- To share ideas with your peers and develop and strengthen business relationships
- To stay informed about changes and updates to all SQF programs and standards
- To get updates on hot-button issues such as FSMA, the SQF Retail Code, Gluten-Free Certification, Allergen Labelling and Ethical Sourcing
- To personally connect with the SQFI and FMI Food Safety Teams
What You Will Experience
- An education program rich in substantive and industry-relevant content
- A collaborative environment among some of the top minds in food safety
- An opportunity to relax and recharge at a fun evening social event
- Formal and informal peer-to-peer idea-sharing opportunities
- Thought-provoking and life-changing keynote presentations
- Resources, tools and technology ideas to strengthen your programs
Who Will be There
- Food safety and quality professionals at all levels of the supply chain
- Food producers, manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers and distributors
- Consultants, trainers, auditors and service providers
- Retail food safety professionals
- Click here to see who's already registered
Sponsored by Exemplar Global
The SQFI Quality Achievement Awards Program recognizes the outstanding commitment, support and performance of individuals who contribute to endorsing and improving the SQF Program and mission around the globe. Finalists will be recognized and the winner announced during the conference. Congratulations to all the nominees!
Sponsored by Eurofins Certification
We know it can be intimidating to attend a large event where you don’t know a soul. The SQF Conference Ambassador Program aims to ensure that first-time attendees feel welcome and gain the most out of their conference experience. First-time attendees are paired with conference veterans and are invited to meet other first-timers at a special reception prior to the start of the event. To learn more please click here. Sorry, the program is now full!
Thank you to the 2017 Committee for their insight and hard work in developing this conference. Together, this team of highly respected food safety professionals has put together a valuable education program that will meet your professional and educational needs.
2017 Committee Members:
- Denise Anderson, Audit Account Specialist, Merieux NutriSciences Certification
- Tom Benthien, Corporate Quality Assurance and Capital Projects, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
- Danielle Bailey, Certification Manager, Eagle Certification Group
- Amanda Bond-Thorley, Director, Education, Food Marketing Institute
- Lynn Buck, SQF Practitioner, Mother Murphy's Laboratories, Inc.
- LeAnn Chuboff, Vice President, Technical Affairs, SQFI
- Wrayanne Cruz, Director of Quality and Food Safety, Passport Food Group
- Laura Dunn Nelson, VP Business Development, Alchemy Systems
- Robert Garfield, Senior Vice President, SQFI
- Melody Ge, Senior Consultant, Kestrel Management LLC
- Rich Gibson, Director, Food Safety & QA, Comprehensive Food Safety, LLC
- Kristie Grzywinski, Senior Technical Manager, SQFI
- Daniel Hobbs, SQF Practitioner
- Pam Hutton, Director of Quality, Faribault Foods, Inc.
- Leslie Jones, Marketing Specialist, SQF Institute
- Margaret Kolk, Director of Training, SCS Global Services
- Eva Lauve, Scheduling and Food Safety Manager, Stemilt Growers, LLC
- Robert Maldonado Jr, Director of QA & Food Safety, Northgate/CNG Markets
- Sarah Malenich, Director, SQF Communications and Marketing, SQFI
- David Melton, Manager, Food Safety and Quality, ConAgra Foods
- Brian Neal, Technical Manager - Food Safety and Quality, ConAgra Foods
- Mark Park, Corporate Compliance, United States Bakery
- Amy Rhodes, Quality Director, HP Hood, LLC
- John Schulz, Senior Director Business Operations, SQFI
Need help convincing your boss to let you attend? Download a justification letter template that you can modify to present to your supervisor to persuade them to allow you to participate.
PLEASE NOTE: The following contact information is for the SQF International Conference only. For general questions about the SQF program, please call the main number 202 220 0635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Conference Questions/Program/Sponsorships (Existing Clients)
Amanda Bond-Thorley, CMP
Sponsorships (New Sales)
Registration (Conference and Training)
Housing and Logistics
Kristie Grzywinski (Curriculum ONLY - NO REGISTRATION QUESTIONS)
Check out the photos from last year's conference here!
- October 23 - 25, 2018 | Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, Georgia
- November 5-7, 2019 | JW Marriott, San Antonio, Texas