Save the Date!
2016 SQF International Conference
October 25-27, 2016
Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Studios
View the 2016 Conference website here.
About | 2014 Recap | Who Should Attend | Justification Letter |
Lip Sync Battle | SQF Awards | Solutions Showcase | Roundtables | Conference Ambassador Program | Training | Committee | Attendees | Testimonials | Contact Us | Attendee Information
Thanks for Attending!
Thanks for attending the 2015 SQF Conference. We had a record turn out of over 650 attendees! We have compiled a list of questions that were asked via the mobile app during the conference and their corresponding answers. Please click here to download the document.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando, Florida at the 2016 Conference, October 25-27 at the Lowes Royal Pacific at Universal Studios!
A Unique Peer-to-Peer Learning Experience Designed Exclusively For Current and Prospective SQF Stakeholders
Download the Conference Brochure
Designed and developed by your peers in the food safety industry, the annual SQF International Conference provides a unique and valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and skills to strengthen your food safety and food quality assurance programs, collaborate and connect with people who speak your language and enhance your professional career. See who's already registered!
The conference will increase your ability to protect your consumers, branding and bottom line, ensure that you and your company are fully prepared to implement SQF code changes and program improvements coming in 2016 and provide detailed information on, and analysis of, the FSMA final rules due out in October 2015.
More than 600 of your peers are expected to attend the conference. Can you afford to miss it? Check out this webinar that will give you an overview of last year's conference and a recap of some of the sessions. Or view this Prezi.
Click "Start Prezi" then use the arrows to click through the Prezi, or select the Autoplay button on the bottom right corner and set it to 4 seconds. Hit the back button on your browser when you are done.
You Can Expect To:
- Get the latest updates on FSMA final rules
- Build enduring and valuable business relationships
- Receive critical updates on food safety certification issues
- Gain a clear understanding of 2016 SQF code and program changes
- Debate and share ideas and best practices in peer-driven discussions
- Converse openly with vocational peers who understand your vocabulary
We Promise You:
- A food safety-focused learning opportunity that offers unrivaled value
- An education program rich in substantive and industry-relevant content
- A collaborative environment among some of the top minds in food safety
- Valuable networking and idea-sharing opportunities in a casual atmosphere
- Answers to your tougest food safety and certification challenges
- Industry-specific breakouts
- Fun, interactive networking activities
- 30-minute Express Learning Sessions NEW
- SQF Stakeholders Feedback Exchange NEW
- Food sector-specific roundtables lead by experts
- Optional pre-conference training classes and workshops
- Conference Ambassador Program for first-time attendees NEW
- Access to innovative new ideas at the Solutions Showcase
- Networking workshop to help you get the most out of the event.
- Keynote presentations focusing on soft skills and real life issues
- Food safety professionals at all levels of the supply chain
- Individuals from companies seeking to enhance current programs
- Companies beginning to implement a food safety program
- Food safety auditors and consultants
Need help convincing your boss to let you attend ? Click here to download a justification letter template that you can modify to present to your supervisor to persuade her/him to allow you to participate.
Wednesday, November 4, 6.30 pm – 8:30 p.m.
You’ve seen it on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Now, are YOU up to the challenge?! Demonstrate your lip syncing skills at the 2015 SQF Lip Sync Battle. No singing skills required. Lip sync to popular tunes such as:
- Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepson
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
for a chance to win a cash prize. Enter as an individual or as a group. Gather your colleagues and have some fun! Register here now. Space is limited so sign up early! Must be registered for the SQF Conference to participate. Download the information flyer with a list of available songs.
The SQF Quality Achievement Awards Program recognizes the outstanding commitment, support and performance of individuals and organizations who contribute to endorsing and improving the SQFI program and mission around the globe. Winners each category will be honored during the conference. The nomination process is now closed. Finalists will be announced in September.
The award categories are:
- SQFI Auditor of The Year
- SQFI Manufacturer/Distributor/Primary Producer of The Year
- SQF Practitioner of The Year
- SQF Trainer of the Year
Gather with friends and potential business partners to find a wealth of new tools, technologies and solutions to kick start or improve your food safety plan while enjoying cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in a relaxed atmosphere.
Tuesday, November 3, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (dedicated exhibit hours)
In addition to the dedicated exhibit hours listed above, the Solutions Showcase, which is located in the foyer outside of the general and breakout session rooms, will be open throughout the entire conference. Find out more about how to participate as a vendor.
Join fellow food safety professionals to discuss issues relevant to your food sector category. These sector-specific discussion roundtables will be led by experts and will give you the opportunity to ask questions and share best practices with your peers. Please select the food category that most closely represents your company when you register.The final number and type of food sector categories covered will be determined based on attendee profiles but are curently expected to include the following (subject to change):
- Food Ingredient Manufacture, FSC 19
- Bakery and Snack Food Processing, FSC 13
- Processing of Manufactured Meats and Poultry, FSC 8
- Dairy Food Processing, FSC 10
- Oils, Fats, and the Manufacture of Oil or Fat-Based Spreads, FSC 21
- Manufacture of Food Sector Packaging Materials, FSC 27
- Ice, Drink and Beverage Processing, FSC 16
- Recipe Meals Manufacture, FSC 20
- Growing and Production of Fresh Produce, Fresh Produce Wholesaling and Distribution and Fresh Produce Pack House Operations, FSC 3,4 25
- Processing of Cereal Grains and Nuts, FSC 22
- Slaughterhouse, Boning and Butchery Operations, FSC 7
- Confectionary Manufacturing, FSC 17
- Egg Processing, FSC 12
- Fruit and Vegetable Processing, FSC 14
- Food Wholesaling and Distribution, FSC 25
- Manufacture of Animal Feed. FSC 34
- Food Retailing, FSC 24
- Manufacture of Pet Food, FSC 32
- Canning (except dairy), Pasteurizing, UHT and Aseptic Operations, FSC 15
- Preserved Foods Manufacture, FSC 18
- Seafood Processing, FSC 9
New this year, we're implementing a conference ambassador program to help our first-time attendees navigate the conference. Registrants who self-identify as a first-time attendee can elect to have a conference ambassador assigned to them. The volunteer ambassador will be available before and during the conference to help you get the most out of your participation. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer ambassador, please indicate this when you register. Learn more about this program.
SQFI will offer several training courses prior to the conference on Sunday, November 1 and Monday, November 2 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Space is limited, so sign up early! Click here for more information.
The 2015 SQF International Conference is designed and developed by your peers. Together, this team of highly respected food safety professionals has put together a robust education and networking program that meets your professional and educational needs. The Safe Quality Food Institute and the Food Marketing Institute is grateful for their insight and hard work in developing this conference. View the committee bios.
2015 Committee Members:
Tom Benthien, Corporate Quality Assurance and Capital Projects, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
Danielle Bailey, Certification Manager, Eagle Certification Group
Amanda Bond-Thorley, Director, Education, Food Marketing Institute
LeAnn Chuboff, Senior Technical Director, SQFI
Luis Alberto Cruz, Director General, AVQ Consultoria Integral, S.C.
Rich Gibson, Director of Food Safety and QA, Comprehensive Food Safety, LLC.
Kristie Grzywinski, Senior Technical Manager, SQFI
Laura Dunn Nelson, VP Business Development, Alchemy Systems
Robert Garfield, Senior Vice President, SQFI
Cherie Hacker, Corporate Manager, Manufacturing QA and Food Safety, Meijer, Inc.
Daniel Hobbs, QA Supervisor/SQF Practitioner, Ball Corporation
Pam Hutton, Director of Quality Systems and Food Safety for Catallia Mexican Foods, LLC
Margaret Kolk (Chairperson), Director Training, SCS Global Services
Eva Lauve, Scheduling and Food Safety Manager, Stemilt Growers, LLC
Sarah Malenich, Senior Manager, SQF Communications and Marketing, SQFI
David Melton, Manager, Food Safety and Quality, ConAgra Foods
Daniel O’Connell, Food Safety Director, Highland Park Markets
Kim Onett, Director of Auditing, Silliker, Inc.
John Schulz, Senior Director Business Operations, SQFI
Dr. Robert Strong, Senior Trainer & Consultant, SAI Global
Over half of those participating in the SQF International Conference each year are repeat attendees. Why do they keep coming back ? Here's what they had to say in our 2014 survey:
- "I always learn a lot in the sessions I attend. I enjoy the opportunity to network and get to know the SQFI team better"
- "It's like having a fresh set of eyes come into my plant"
- "The fellowship with colleagues in the various sectors of the industry"
- "Exposure to the community"
- "I have returned home with fresh ideas that I can apply to daily tasks at work"
- "It was a great way to recharge my battery. I hope that the renewed engery is received well in my company"
- "Picked up some great ideas and tactics for culture change"
- "Biggest benefit was speaking with other SQF Practitioners and realizing we all face the same problems"
- "It was exactly what I needed at the exact time I needed it"
- "A feeling of rejuvenation, complete satisfaction and useful knowledge and skills to use in my day-to-day life"
PLEASE NOTE: The following contact information is for the SQF International Conference only. For general questions about the SQF program, please call the main number 202 220 0635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Conference Questions/Program/Sponsorships (Existing Clients)
Amanda Bond-Thorley, CMP
Sponsorships (New Sales)
Registration (Conference and Training)
Housing and Logistics
Kristie Grzywinski (Curriculum ONLY - NO REGISTRATION QUESTIONS)
- Conference Information for Attendees
- Local Dining Options
- Sponsor List
- Attendee List sorted by food sector category - as of October 6
- Hotel Map and Session Mapping
- Exhibitor Shipping, Electricity and Internet Information
- Mobile App and Badge Game Instructions
- List of FSC Roundtables
- Food and Beverage Menu (subject to change)
- Maps to the Training Rooms