May 2022 Auditing the SQF Code Requirements – Virtual
Tuesday, May 17 (5pm) - Thursday, May 19, 2022 (9pm US/Eastern)
**This extended course format has been expanded to 12 hours over 3 days. For May, based on feedback, we have expanded the course learning hours so you will have 3 additional hours to cover the content. This course satisfies the 40-hour lead auditor course requirement**
*A four-year university degree in a food-related science is required to take this course*
The Auditing the SQF Code Requirements course will provide you with an understanding of how to apply auditing principles when auditing the SQF Code for site certification. In this course, you will:
• Gain a clear understanding of the assessment of the SQF Food Safety Code
• Describe the differences among second party, third party, and third party accredited audits
• Identify the benefits of third party accredited certification and GFSI benchmarking
• Review the expectations and key competencies required for registration as an SQF Food Safety Auditor
• Review the personal behaviors required of a food safety auditor
• Review, practice, and confirm your interviewing and report writing skills
• Learn the steps to register to become an SQF Food Safety auditor
This course is highly interactive, hands-on virtual workshop with many opportunities and tools to engage with the instructor and your peers. Attendees will be placed in a small, virtual class environment of no more than fifteen (15) students to maximize engagement and participation. Online instruction will take place over a period of three (3) consecutive days with four (4) hours of structured learning per day. Attendees are also required to spend a total of three (3) to six (6) additional hours in pre-course and intersession work.
It is strongly encouraged that attendees have completed the following courses:
• HACCP training course based on CODEX
• Reliable internet connection
• Access to a microphone to participate
Tuesday, May 17: 05:00PM – 9:00PM (US Eastern) / (18 May 07:00am-11:00am AEDT)
Wednesday, May 18: 05:00PM – 9:00PM (US Eastern) / (19 May 07:00am-11:00am AEDT)
Thursday, May 19: 05:00PM – 9:00PM (US Eastern) / (19 May 07:00am-11:00am AEDT)
Attendees must attend all sessions, complete all activities, and actively and respectfully participate to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Registration Includes:$1,100 Registration Includes:
• One (1) Workbook designed to help you maximize your learning
• One (1) Participant Manual to guide your movement through the course
• Additional reference materials to support your understanding of this course
Who Should Attend:This course is required of all prospective SQF auditors.
Meeting Attire:Business casual
Cancellation and Other Policies:Requests for a full refund or transfer to another scheduled class must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days prior to the first day of class.
Transfers must be to a class scheduled no less than 3 months from the original course.