Food Safety Current Situation: Updates for Food Producers & Retailers from the Impact of COVID-19
Wednesday, May 27, 2020 (2pm - 3pm US/Eastern)
If you are a food retail business leader, food safety professional or food producer, now more than ever, you understand the effects on production and retail by COVID-19. Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) and FMI-The Food Industry Association have been providing resources and guidance for the food industry during this disruption.
Join us as we share the latest information on COVID-19 and how it is affecting the global food supply chain.
Hear how SQFI and FMI have addressed the crisis and the resources that are available to you to assist you and your organization during this time.
Listen how SQF is preparing a solution to approach the upcoming wave of food safety audits and how remote audits will help with the current situation and beyond.
Participants should attend this webinar in order to:
- Learn how the food safety landscape and supply chain has adjusted during COVID-19.
- Understand risk assessments and why this is a valid approach to extending food safety management systems certificates.
- Assess the available COVID-19 resources and look ahead regarding CDC’s recent statements.
- Prepare for the potential next wave.
- Understand how SQF is preparing for future food safety audits.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of remote audits and how they can help with our current situation and beyond.
LeAnn Chuboff, VP Technical Affairs, SQFI
Hillary Thesmar, Chief Food and Product Safety Officer and SVP Food Safety, FMI