- This event has passed.
November 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am
Registration for this Event is Closed.
Simply stated, statistical process control is used to control a process, thus driving continuous improvement and engendering cost savings – this is recognized as creating a “quality product.” But for all its promises, its complexity is in determining what to measure and how adjust the process. So where does a site begin in identifying what to measure? How does SPC play a role in improving product quality while driving down costs, waste, and other inefficiencies? Does certification to the SQF Quality Code mean anything to site management or buyers? It doesn’t take a black belt to achieve product quality excellence – join in this one-day exploration of the quality tool known as SPC.
None; however familiarity with or certification to the SQF Food Safety Code is helpful.
- Review common SPC terms and definitions
- Identify what to measure: determining product quality attributes
- Collect data: variable data vs. attribute data
- Record data: control charts
- Analyze data: control limits
- Determine how to improve the process
- Explore the benefits of certification to the SQF Quality Code