- This event has passed.
November 5, 2017 @ 8:00 am - November 6, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The Advanced SQF Practitioner course is an activity-based course designed for the current SQF practitioner who is seeking further education on how to improve and maintain their company’s SQF System. The Advanced SQF Practitioner course provides the tools needed to improve and advance the food safety system in the facility and manage the ongoing maintenance of the SQF Program.
To ensure an optimal learning experience and fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that participants meet the following pre-requisites prior to attending the course:
- Been through at least one successful (C-complies rating or higher) SQF certification/ recertification process as the designated SQF practitioner
- Successfully completed a HACCP training class that includes a final assessment
- Successfully completed the Implementing SQF Systems examination
The two-day course addresses the following four areas:
- Establishing food safety and quality objectives.
- Using the internal audit program to manage, maintain and enhance the SQF System.
- Utilizing the corrective action/preventive action process as a tool to identify trends and build continuous improvement.
- Improving the demonstration of management’s commitment and developing and prioritizing key performance indicators.
Tatiana Lorca, Senior Manager, Food Safety Education and Training, Ecolab
Dates: Sunday, November 5 and Monday, November 6, 2017
Cost: $675.00 pre-registration / $775.00 onsite
The Advanced SQF Practitioner Course is designed for existing SQF practitioners seeking to advance the site’s SQF System.
This course provides practitioners direction in using the internal audit program to manage, maintain and enhance the site’s SQF System; harnessing the corrective action/preventive action process to identify trends and build continuous improvement; communicating with senior management to more fully define the site’s commitment to food safety; and developing and prioritizing key performance indicators to assure continuous improvement of the SQF System.
current food safety practitioner; current back up food safety practitioner; any onsite employee wanting to learn how to drive continuous improvement of an existing SQF System.
2 days, classroom (may vary slightly when held in the virtual classroom or blended format).
This instructor-led course is offered in-person: either in the classroom, the virtual classroom, or a combination of the two.
Attendees work in small peer groups guided by their instructor; instructor may ask attendees to bring site documents and records to use during lessons.