- This event has passed.
Advanced SQF Practitioner
September 6, 2022 - September 7, 2022
The Advanced SQF Practitioner course is a two-day activity-based course designed for the current SQF practitioner who is seeking further education on how to improve and maintain their company’s SQF System. The SQF Advanced Practitioner course provides the tools needed to continuously improve and advance the food safety and quality programs at the site and manage the ongoing maintenance of SQF Systems.
To ensure an optimal learning experience and fully benefit from this course, it is recommended that participants meet the following pre-requisites prior to attending the course:
1. Been through at least one successful (C-complies rating or higher) SQF certification / re-certification process as the designated SQF practitioner.
2. Successfully completed a HACCP training class meeting the definition in the SQF Code.
3. Successfully completed the Implementing SQF Systems examination.
What does the course cover?
The activity-based course addresses the following five areas:
1. Establishing food safety and quality objectives.
2. Using the internal audit program to manage, maintain and enhance the SQF system
3. Utilizing the corrective action/preventive action process as a tool to identify trends and build continuous improvement
4. Improving the demonstration of management’s commitment and developing and prioritizing key performance indicators.
5. Developing and maintaining a culture of food safety and/or quality.
The Advanced SQF Practitioner Course is designed for existing SQF practitioners seeking to advance the site’s SQF System.
This course provides practitioners direction in using the internal audit program to manage, maintain and enhance the site’s SQF System; harnessing the corrective action/preventive action process to identify trends and build continuous improvement; communicating with senior management to more fully define the site’s commitment to food safety; and developing and prioritizing key performance indicators to assure continuous improvement of the SQF System.
current food safety practitioner; current back up food safety practitioner; any onsite employee wanting to learn how to drive continuous improvement of an existing SQF System.
2 days, classroom (may vary slightly when held in the virtual classroom or blended format).
This instructor-led course is offered in-person: either in the classroom, the virtual classroom, or a combination of the two.
Attendees work in small peer groups guided by their instructor; instructor may ask attendees to bring site documents and records to use during lessons.