15 8 月, 2019
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
This month’s SQFI Newsletter highlights the work and commitment of the people in our industry. And without passionate people, our industry and organizations wouldn’t be what it is today.
I’d like to announce the nominations for the 2019 Auditor of the Year and Practitioner of the Year awards. We had many talented, committed, and brilliant candidates this year…and the most nominations we have ever had in years past!
2019 SQF Practitioner of the Year Award Finalists:
- Amanda Kehres – Graeter’s Ice Cream, Director of Quality Assurance
- Donna Peterson – Sparboe Farms, SQF Practitioner
- Wendy Edwards – Prolife Foods Limited, Group Quality Manager
2019 SQF Auditor of the Year Award Finalists:
- Melissa Ames – Merieux NutriSciences, Auditor
- Shawna Wagner – DNV GL, Food Sector Lead Auditor
- Warren Blazy – Eagle Certification Group, Contract Auditor
This is a true reflection of the dedication and hard work our food safety professionals continuously provide to raise the standard in food safety excellence.
If you’d like to play a key role with SQFI and you’re looking for new career opportunity, apply today for the SQF Sales Manager position. More information and how to apply can be found here.
We are also highlighting an important relationship SQFI has with ReposiTrak. The ReposiTrak platform enables SQF-certified suppliers to manage the audit process from initial request and payment, through collection of results and reporting, in addition to powering the SQFI assessment database. We’d like to give you some insight into the ReposiTrak and SQFI Relationship and why we are trusted partners:
- World’s largest user network of 90,000+ supplier, wholesaler and retailer connections
- has the most advanced technology
- personnel support ensures your suppliers comply with your document and records requests
- helps reduce your exposure to brand, legal and regulatory risk
- includes automated document review and confirmation capability, saving you hundreds of hours reviewing documents for accuracy
Lastly, SQF Edition 8.1 originally expected to be implemented on September 2, 2019 will be postponed until October 1, 2019. SQFI made the decision to postpone the implementation until October 1, 2019 to ensure ample testing of all system requirements. We are aware that changes in the system, however small, create some anxiety and confusion. With that in mind, we will continue testing those systems through the month of September to make transition as seamless as possible. Audits conducted through September 31, 2019 will utilize the Edition 8.0 template. Please contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com or 202-220-0635 if you have questions.