Designed and developed by your peers in the food safety industry, the annual SQF International Conference provides a unique and valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and skills to strengthen your food safety and food quality assurance programs, collaborate and connect with people who speak your language and enhance your professional career.
The conference will increase your ability to protect your consumers, branding and bottom line and ensure that you and your company are fully prepared to implement SQF code changes and program improvements coming in 2016.
You Can Expect To:
- Get the latest updates on FSMA
- Build enduring and valuable business relationships
- Receive critical updates on food safety certification issues
- Gain a clear understanding of 2016 SQF code and program changes
- Debate and share ideas and best practices in peer-driven discussions
- Converse openly with vocational peers who understand your vocabulary
We Promise You:
- A food safety-focused learning opportunity that offers unrivaled value
- An education program rich in substantive and industry-relevant content
- A collaborative environment among some of the top minds in food safety
- Valuable networking and idea-sharing opportunities in a casual atmosphere
- Answers to your toughest food safety and certification challenges
- Industry-specific breakouts
- Fun, interactive networking activities
- Retail food safety track NEW
- Social event at Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® at Universal CityWalk™
- Food sector-specific roundtables lead by experts
- Optional pre-conference training classes and workshops
- Conference Ambassador Program for first-time attendees
- Access to innovative new ideas at the Customer Connection Center
- Pre-Conference networking breakfast NEW
- Keynote presentations focusing on soft skills and real life issues
Who Should Attend:
- Food safety and quality professionals at all levels of the supply chain
- Food producers, manufacturers, retailers wholesalers and distributors
- Consultants, trainers, auditors and service providers
- Retail food safety professionals
The SQF Quality Achievement Awards Program recognizes the outstanding commitment, support and performance of individuals who contribute to endorsing and improving the SQFI program and mission around the globe. Finalists will be announced in September and winners will be honored during the conference. The nomination period is now closed.
We know it can be intimidating to attend a large event where you don’t know a soul. The SQF Conference Ambassador Program aims to ensure that first-time attendees feel welcome and gain the most out of their conference experience. To learn more please click here. You can sign up as a program participant or Conference Ambassador during the registration process.
Thank you to the 2016 Committee for their insight and hard work in developing this conference. Together, this team of highly respected food safety professionals has put together a robust education and networking program that meets your professional and educational needs.
2016 Committee Members:
- Tom Benthien, Corporate Quality Assurance and Capital Projects, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
- Danielle Bailey, Certification Manager, Eagle Certification Group
- Amanda Bond-Thorley, Director, Education, Food Marketing Institute
- LeAnn Chuboff, Senior Technical Director, SQFI
- Wrayanne Cruz, Quality Manager, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Rich Gibson, Director of Food Safety and QA, Comprehensive Food Safety, LLC.
- Kristie Grzywinski, Senior Technical Manager, SQFI
- Laura Dunn Nelson, VP Business Development, Alchemy Systems
- Robert Garfield, Senior Vice President, SQFI
- Melody Ge, Senior Quality Assurance Manager, Lidl US, LLC
- Cherie Hacker, Corporate Manager, Manufacturing QA and Food Safety, Meijer, Inc.
- Corey Hedman, Vice President, Corporate Safety, Meijer, Inc.
- Daniel Hobbs, Department Manager, Crown Beverage Packaging
- Pam Hutton, Director of Quality, Faribault Foods, Inc.
- Margaret Kolk, Director of Training, SCS Global Services
- Eva Lauve, Scheduling and Food Safety Manager, Stemilt Growers, LLC
- Sarah Malenich, Senior Manager, SQF Communications and Marketing, SQFI
- Jennifer McCreary, Technical Manager, Training & Education Services, NSF
- David Melton, Manager, Food Safety and Quality, ConAgra Foods
- Mark Park, Corporate Compliance, United States Bakery
- Michael Roberson, Director, Corporate Quality Assurance, Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- John Schulz, Senior Director Business Operations, SQFI
- Tedd Wittenbrink, Technical Director, Mérieux NutriSciences
Need help convincing your boss to let you attend? Download a justification letter template that you can modify to present to your supervisor to persuade them to allow you to participate.
PLEASE NOTE: The following contact information is for the SQF International Conference only. For general questions about the SQF program, please call the main number 202 220 0635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Conference Questions/Program/Sponsorships (Existing Clients)
Amanda Bond-Thorley, CMP
Sponsorships (New Sales)
Registration (Conference and Training)
Housing and Logistics
Kristie Grzywinski (Curriculum ONLY - NO REGISTRATION QUESTIONS)
Check out photos from last year's conference here!