The Safe Quality Food International Conference is designed and developed by professional peers in the food safety industry. It provides current and prospective SQF users a unique and valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and skills to strengthen their food safety and food quality assurance programs, collaborate and connect with people who speak their language and enhance their professional careers.
The conference will introduce attendees to new technologies, tools and potential partners to further increase their ability to protect their customers, branding and bottom line. Conference participants will leave with actionable insights, plans, connections, and a clear understanding of how they can improve or implement a food safety and quality program. View the agenda.
Participants can expect to:
- Build enduring and valuable business relationships
- Debate and share ideas and best practices in peer-driven discussions
- Get critical updates on food safety certification issues
- Take home actionable solutions for immediate program improvements
- Converse openly with vocational peers who understand their vocabulary
- Get answers to their most pressing food safety challenges
- An education program rich in substantive and industry-relevant content
- A food safety-focused learning opportunity that offers unrivaled value
- A collaborative environment among some of the top minds in food safety
- Valuable networking and idea-sharing opportunities in a casual atmosphere
- Answers to your most pressing food safety challenges
- Keynote presentations focusing on soft skills
- Industry-specific breakout and "deep dive" sessions
- NEW! Peer-to-peer breakfast idea exchanges
- NEW! Networking workshop to help you get the most out of the event.
- NEW! Food sector-specific roundtables lead by experts
- Smartphone/iPad app and free Wi-Fi
- Optional pre-conference training classes and workshops
- Access to innovative new ideas at the Solutions Showcase
- 4th Annual SQF Quality Achievement Awards luncheon
- A fantastic location at SeaWorld in Florida!
- Plenty of October sunshine!
- Food safety professionals at all levels of the supply chain
- Individuals from companies seeking to enhance current programs
- Companies beginning to implement a food safety program
- Food safety auditors and consultants
The SQF Quality Achievement Awards Program recognizes the outstanding commitment, support and performance of individuals and organizations who contribute to endorsing and improving the SQFI program and mission around the globe. Finalists in each category will be honored at a special luncheon on Wednesday, October 29th during the conference.
The nominees are:
SQFI Auditor of the Year
- Clare Winkel, Verification Auditor, BSI Group ANZ Pty Ltd.
- Martin Fowell, Senior Auditor, Silliker Inc.
- Roger Roeth - Chief Operating Officer/ Auditor, Eagle Certification Group
SQFI Certification Body of the Year
- NSF International
- SAI Global
SQFI Manufacturer/Distributor of the Year
- Flavorchem Corporation
- Sempio Foods Company
- Starzen Co., Ltd.
SQFI Outstanding Achievement Award- Industry
- Robert Prevendar, Managing Director, Global Supply Chain Food Safety, NSF International
- Richard Gibson, Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Comprehensive Food Safety
- Tatiana Lorca, PhD., Sr. Manager, Food Safety Education & Training, Ecolab, Inc.
SQFI Outstanding Achievement Award- Supplier
- Everardo Fernandez Gonzalez, Corporate Quality Manager, Bachoco
- Jason Kawata, Director of Quality Assurance, Taylor Farms California
- James P. Reynolds , Director of Food Safety and Compliance, Lineage Logistics
SQFI Primary Producer of the Year
- Taylor Farms
SQFI Training Center of the Year
- Alchemy Systems
- NSF International
- SAI Global
Gather with friends and potential business partners to find a wealth of new tools, technologies and solutions to kick start or improve your food safety plan.
Tuesday, October 28, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (dedicated exhibit hours)
In addition to the dedicated exhibit hours listed above, the Solutions Showcase, which is located in the foyer outside of the general and breakout session rooms, will be open throughout the entire conference. Find out more about how to participate as a vendor.
Join fellow food safety professionals in a peer-driven informal discussion about today’s top food safety topics. These sessions, held over a casual continental breakfast, will give you an opportunity to reflect on and share what you’ve learned at the conference, exchange best practice ideas and take home actionable solutions to your toughest food safety challenges. Attendees not wishing to participate will be able to enjoy a quiet breakfast at dedicated non-discussion tables.
Join fellow food safety professionals to discuss issues relevant to your food sector category. These sector-specific discussion roundtables will be led by experts and will give you the opportunity to ask questions and share best practices with your peers. Please select the food category (ies) that most closely represent your company when you register.The final number and type of food sector categories covered will be determined based on attendee profiles but are curently expected to include the following (subject to change):
- Produce- FSC 3, 4 and 14
- Dairy- FSC 10
- Beverage – FSC 16
- Bakery- FSC 13
- Canning – FSC 15
- Meat and Poultry and Egg- FSC 1, 7, 8, 12
- Food Ingredient Manufacturer-- FSC 19
- Recipe Meals Manufacturer- FSC 20
- Cereal Grains and Nuts- FSC 22
- Packaging – FSC 27
- Distribution- FSC 25, 26
- Confectionery Manufacturing - FSC 17
- Seafood - FSC 6,9
- Manufacture, Growing and Harvesting of Animal Feed and Pet Food - FSC 2,34
- Oils, Fats and Spreads - FSC 21
- Food Retail - FSC 24
- SQF Non Sector-Specific General Discussion
SQFI will offer several one-day training courses prior to the conference on Monday, October 27 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Space is limited, so sign up early! Click here for more information.
The 2014 SQF International Conference is designed and developed by your peers. Together, this team of highly respected food safety professionals has put together a robust education and networking program that meets your professional and educational needs. The Safe Quality Food Institute and the Food Marketing Institute is grateful for their insight and hard work in developing this conference. View the committee bios.
2014 Committee Members:
Tom Benthien, Corporate Quality Assurance and Capital Projects, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
Dyane Burke, Director, Food Safety and Quality Audits, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
LeAnn Chuboff, Senior Technical Director, SQFI
Katie Christ, Quality Control Supervisor, Hormel Foods Corporation
Luis Alberto Cruz, Director General, AVQ Consultoria Integral, S.C.
Kristie Grzywinski, Senior Technical Manager, SQFI
Laura Dunn Nelson, Industry Relations Director, Alchemy Systems
Robert Garfield, Senior Vice President, SQFI
Pam Hutton, Director of Quality Systems and Food Safety for Catallia Mexican Foods, LLC
Christina Kelley-Astorga, President, Food Safety and Quality Systems
Margaret Kolk (Chairperson), Manager, Technical Training, NSF International
Eva Lauve, Scheduling and Food Safety Manager, Stemilt Growers, LLC
Mr. Michael Oliszczak, Quality Engineer, Airlite Plastics
Kim Onett, Audit Operations Manager, Silliker, Inc.
David Petrosky, Senior Quality Assurance Manager, H-E-B Manufacturing Division
John Schulz, Senior Director Business Operations, SQFI
Lindsey Stafford, Certification Manager, Eagle Food Registrations, Inc.
Dr. Robert Strong, Senior Trainer & Consultant, SAI Global
Tom Vogel, DFA of California
- Download a complete A-Z of attendee information
- Find out who's attending the conference
- Download the agenda
- Discover which vendors will be present
- Find local restaurants
- Learn where the sessions are located
- Learn more about the idea exchange topics
PLEASE NOTE: The following contact information is for the SQF International Conference only. For general questions about the SQF program, please call the main number 202 220 0635 or email email@example.com
General Conference Questions/Program
Amanda Bond-Thorley, CMP
Registration (Conference and Training)
Housing and Logistics
Ben Quigley, CMP
Kristie Grzywinski (Curriculum ONLY - NO REGISTRATION QUESTIONS)
Enter your content here.