Edition 8 Update – Public Comment
SQFI has been working for some months on reviewing and updating the SQF Code. With the help of our Technical Advisory Committee, Certification Bodies, and Training Centers, we have now drafted edition 8 and prepared it for public comment.
Edition 8 offers a series of customized standards for our principal industry groups in the form of individual SQF Codes for the following sectors, encompassing the entire supply chain:
- SQF Food Safety Fundamentals (For small and developing businesses. Formerly Level 1)
- SQF Food Safety Code for Primary Production
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing
- SQF Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution
- SQF Food Safety Code for Food Packaging
- The SQF Retail/Wholesale Grocery Code – NEW!
- The SQF Quality Code (Formerly Level 3)
The SQF Food Safety Fundamentals and each SQF Food Safety Code will each have their own customized:
- Part A: Implementing and Maintaining the SQF Code;
- System Elements (Formerly module 2); and
- GAP/GMP/GDP/GRP sections (retained as modules 1 – 14)
Each Code will also include a glossary, a list of food sector categories and the SQF Logo Rules of Use and Multi-Site Certification, where applicable.
All Food Safety Codes will be submitted to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) for benchmarking to Benchmarking Requirements v 7 for all industry scopes that have GFSI requirements.
We welcome your comments and suggestions. The attached drafts swill be available for public comment until February 6th (EST). Please comment only in the boxes indicated on the attached excel spreadsheets and send the document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Edition 8 Comments.” We cannot accept comments in any other format.
We will close off comments by COB, February 6th (EST) so that we can review, and adjust the drafts for release of the completed SQF Codes by mid-March. There will be a six-month implementation period from the date of publication.
We look forward to your input, and thank you for your on-going support of the SQF Program.
The following documents are available for review until February 6, 2017:
Please note, the following documents will become available for review at a later date:
Pet Food Module 3
Animal Feed Module 4
Grains and Pulses Module 8
Pre-processing of Animal Products Module 9
Packaging Part A
Packaging System Elements
Packaging Module 13