SQF Supplier Benefits
SQF certification allows food safety and quality systems to be verified and validated throughout the food chain, increasing brand protection, consumer confidence and loyalty. SQF is recognized by retailers, foodservice providers and regulatory agencies around the world that require HACCP food safety and quality management systems by their suppliers.
- Recognized worldwide
- Promotes confidence in food safety, quality and legality
- Enhances your marketing image
- Provides a platform for consistent improvement in process quality and safety, allowing processors valuable time and resources historically lost to multiple and conflicting audit standards
- Improves process management by helping to proactively identify and manage risk so as to avoid stock recoveries, market withdrawals and rework
- Increases yield by reducing material waste
- Streamlines risk and process management
Safety and Quality Advantages
- Addresses food safety requirements
- Provides proof of due diligence
- Encourages more responsible agricultural and manufacturing processes
- Complies with regulatory requirements
Requiring SQF certification from suppliers helps protect your brand by focusing on hazard analysis, risk assessment and proactive prevention strategies. This, in turn, increases increasing consumer confidence and loyalty.
SQF certification meets regulatory food safety requirements and enables buyers to demonstrate due diligence in food safety matters by requiring their suppliers to implement just one program and one standard. Because SQF is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative, it is trusted by buyers around the world.
The SQF Program also makes it easier for buyers to identify qualified suppliers by providing online access to a list of SQF suppliers, along with their certification status and audit results.
FDA Guidance Documents & Facility Registration Update
In December, 2012, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued guidance documents concerning food facility registration renewals.